DMS: Document Management System
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
Telephone. (+39) 070 240149
Fax. (+39) 070 2128955
What is it?
DMS (Document Management System) is a vital tool to manage editing, sharing, and archiving documents. Documents are the information heritage of a company, and as such are strategic assets par excellence.
What does it do?
DMS allows you to manage any operation on documents in a completely computerised way. The essential, classic archiving function is based on a hierarchical archive structure, defined according to the Client’s organisational style. This system adds to that classic function the opportunity to categorise, index, and search using the latest concepts. The platform offers Users the tools to collaboratively edit documents, thanks to versioning (saving different versions of the same document), discussion, and sharing functions, simplifying and optimising the whole information production process. The computerisation of document workflows means streamlining procedures that are optimised for each organisation, and also means a correct management and monitoring. FlossLab, consistently with its philosophy, offers totally Open Source solutions, such as Alfresco DMS. The platform can also integrate the system and its potential with other applications (like the Information Protocol or ERP), and with Internet and Intranet portals.
What are its advantages?
- Single, centralised archive, available to users and applications;
- Better performance;
- Cost reduction;
- Streamlined workflow;
- Data and document security;
- Workflow control and monitoring;
What are its features?
- Structured, secure, law-compliant archiving;
- Advanced and full-text search;
- Collaboration tools;
- Advanced profiling of Users’ access rights;
- Document workflow;
- Access through file system and/or web interface;
- Scalability and Customisation;
- Integration with other applications;
- Integration with Google Drive;
- Integration with Internet/Intranet portals.